What to Expect with a New Roof Installation
What to Expect with a New Roof Installation. This may be the first time you have had a new roof installed and this information is to provide the process of what to expect and prepare for.
Here is what you can typically expect to happen when your home is re-roofed.
- Sign: A sign will be placed in your yard that neighbors might know a professional roof contractor is performing work on your home and not unlicensed workers. Also to inform the building department and employees of right job address.
- Weather Conditions: Should your project be delayed due to bad weather, we will notify you of schedule changes. We are fully prepared in case the weather should turn bad unexpectedly during your project. The crews will seal your roof to prevent water from entering your home and we will resume work as soon as the weather allows.
- Scheduling: We will make every effort to schedule your re-roofing project at a time that is convenient to all parties involved. If you would like to request a specific date, please call our office at 1.321.728.8085. Otherwise, we will call to inform you of both delivery and start dates. In the event we are unable to reach you we will leave a message on your answering machine or with the person who answers the phone.
- Tree Limbs: If there are small tree limbs hanging onto roof they will be cut back only those which limit employees ability to do a efficient and quality job. Also all yard bushes will be covered with tarps to protect shrubs.
- Garage: Expect to not have access to your garage for car parking while truck or dump box is positioned in driveway.
- Tear-off: Removing an old existing roof is a major renovation witch consist of noise and some light vibrations in the roof trusses. If pictures, mirrors or light fixtures are not firmly secure they could fall. We suggest to ensure their safety. If in doubt take them down Certified cannot assume responsibility for damage to these items when re-roofing your home.
- Skylights: During the removal of an existing skylight some debris may fall into the room below. We suggest protecting counters, furniture and flooring with drop cloths.
- Access: The contract price is computed utilizing driveways for tear-off and material loading. If this is not acceptable, please notify us so that an adjustment in your contract price can be made for additional labor and time cost.
- Pool Panels: It is the responsibility of the homeowner to have all solar water heaters or pool panels removed and reinstalled.
- Satellite Dish: We can not be responsible for reinstall of satellite dish must be done by satellite provider to ensure proper alignment.
- Wiring, Plumbing and Air Conditioning: Electrical, plumbing, telephone, security, air conditioning and any other service lines should not be installed within 3 inches of the underside of the roof deck. If you are aware of any such lines, we must be notified immediately. We cannot be held responsible for the puncture of improperly installed lines within 3 inches of the roof deck.
- Gutters: Every precaution will be made to leave gutters as they were installed and are not damaged. The roofing process however may result in light scratches or minor dings due to light gauge aluminum. Certified cannot be held responsible for these.
- Material Delivery: Material will be delivered on a large truck by a local shingle supply company. If you have specified concerns please notify Certifed Quality Roofing within 24 hours prior to delivery of any changes in your delivery.
- Excess Materials: Our proposals are based on complete job and any surplus materials remains the property of Certified.
- Nails: All nails from the re-roof process will be magnetically removed around home to the degree possible. Depth of grass, shrubs, flower beds may hinder complete removal of all nails.
- Project Inspection: Upon completion of the job, a complete roof inspection will be made to insure that you are 100% satisfied with the job.